There are two major requirements for ESD registration.
- Company must be registered with:
- a. The Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) under Companies Act 1965 / 2016; or
- b. The Registry of Societies Malaysia under the Organisation Act 1966; or
- c. Associations/Cooperatives registered under the laws of Malaysia.
- Company Paid-up capital*
|100% Local Owned||RM250,000|
|Joint Venture (minimum foreign equity is 30%)||RM350,000|
|100% Foreign Owned||RM500,000|
|Foreign owned companies running Wholesale, Retail and Trade (WRT) where clearance from the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism (MDTCC) is compulsory.||RM1,000,000|
* Not applicable to incorporated and limited companies, and associations/organisations under the laws of Malaysia.